Carpet tile, also known as modular carpet, is growing in industries such as government, education, hospitality, retail, healthcare and corporate firms. According to Floor Covering News, “modular carpet has been growing to the point where it now represents at least half of all soft surface commercial sales.” This increase could be attributed to the fact that modular carpet tile has a wide range of shapes and sizes. The most common types are 24” x 24” and 50 cm x 50 cm, with a wide variety of plank options as well. The design elements of the tile allow for the user to choose from a variety of options enabling them to customize their carpet.
1. Flexibility : Carpet tile allows you to create a unique look with the variety of colors, styles, materials, and patterns. The tiles are easy to reconfigure and used to create different designs within the floor. You can also use the tiles as an alternate to an area rug! Carpet tiles allow you to bring out your creative side and enable you to change your style as frequently as you would like.
2. Sustainability : Many brands of carpet tiles are made from natural and recycled fibers and can be recycled themselves. With a wide variety of backing options for carpet tile, many do not require the use of adhesives, reducing the amount of product utilized.
3. Easy Maintenance : Cleaning up a mess is a breeze with carpet tiles. An area with a spill can simply be replaced instead of having to replace your entire floor. If it becomes dirty, stained, or damaged, the tile can be replaced with little effort and expense. Using modular carpet makes it easy to take out an individual piece of carpet, clean it, and then put it right back where it was.
4. Durability/Performance : Carpet tiles are built to last and withstand high-trafficked areas especially in a corporate setting. It is essential that carpet tiles can handle the volume of people that walk over them every day. Due to its durability carpet tile generally has a long life cycle.
5. Easy Installation : Since carpet tile can be done in sections, installations can be done with furniture left in place. If your office decides to move, you can take apart the tile and take it with you. Then in little time at all, the carpet can be reassembled. There are several ways that carpet tile can be installed. Each way generates a new looks to the area. The picture to the left shows the different ways that carpet tiles can be installed.